Full Professor, Department of Public International Law
Professor Kardos has been teaching at ELTE Faculty of Law since 1981. His major courses include
- International public law
- The basics of international law
- Current issues in international law (Corvinus University)
- International Law (University of California budapesti tagozata, Corvinus Egyetem)) - in English
- International Protection of Human Rights (CEU) – in English
- International Humanitarian Law (CEU) – in English
- European public law and politics (at Széchenyi University as well)
- Geopolitics and international law
- International protection of social rights (at the PKKE as well)
- International protection of minority rights (at the PKKE as well)
- Human rights and foreign policy
- Case studies in international law
- International protection of human rights (Kodolányi János College)
- European protection of human rights (ELTE JOTOKI)
- European Social Policy and Law (ELTE JOTOKI) in English
He holds lectures on an occasional basis at the following universities abroad: Vienna, Canterbury, NY State University, Oslo, Turku, Warwick
Professor Kardos is the Hungarian member of the experts’ committee of the European Charter for Regional or Minority Languages (since 1998) and a Member of the Minority Research Network, since 2010. He recieved an Order of Merit in 2011.
Extension: 2548 ; 411-6532
Room: E. 124
Kardos Gábor: Changing Realities: Islamic Veils and Minority Protection EAST EUROPEAN YEARBOOK ON HUMAN RIGHTS 2018
Universality, Progressive Realization, Economic Crises: The ICESR Fifty Years on
In: Marcel Szabó, Petra Lea Láncos, Réka Varga (ed.)
Hungarian Yearbook of International Law and European Law 2016. 751 p.
Hague: Eleven International Publishing, 2017. pp. 3-13.
Homeland Minorities, Immigrant Minorities: Mind the Gap?
- Kőszeg: Felsőbbfokú Tanulmányok Intézete, 2017. 15 p.
(POLÁNYI CENTRE PUBLICATIONS; I.2017/WP03.)
THE POLITICS OF SOLIDARITY AND CONTENTIOUSNESS
Kardos Gábor: Fear of Autonomy for Minorities
In: Petra Lea Láncos, Réka Varga, Tamás Molnár, Marcel Szabó (ed.)
- Hungarian Yearbook of International Law and European Law 2014. 674 p.
Hague: Eleven International Publishing, 2015. pp. 35-43.
- Kardos, Gábor: The Internationally Recognized Right to Housing: Implication and (Some) Application. Courdenes Constitucionales No. 45-65. vol. 2. (2008) pp. 91-100
- Kardos, Gábor: Universal justification for social rights Miskolc Journal of International Law vol. 6, (2009) No. 1, pp. 18-23
- Kardos Gábor: Role for the Kin States?, Sapporo, University, 2006, pp. 127-13777